Moore Mental Health & Behavioral Services provides counseling services in a compassionate, collaborative, and practical manner. We focus on building on individual strengths, unearthing dysfunctional thinking and behavioral patterns, and overall helping people manage their emotions better. We desire for our clients to live on purpose instead of being emotionally driven! In other words, we want to help our clients get off of the "merry go round of emotional madness!"
Treatment may include:
- Emotional Regulation - Skill building techniques that’s proven to help you manage your emotions so you don't feel like your emotions are controlling you.
- Play Therapy - A form of therapy used with children that utilizes various toys to help them tell their personal stories, while exploring their feelings.
- Behavior Management – Teaching specific behavior skills to help address a variety of disruptive behavior problems.
- Parenting Support – Parent strategies and specific skills are offered to help address behavior problems in children.
- Grief Counseling – The death of a loved one or even the loss of a close relationship can create deep feelings of sorrow. Grief counseling can help address the pain associated with these types of loss.
- Conflict Resolution – Techniques taught to help resolve problems in your life (i.e. strained relationship with family member, romantic partner).
- Suicide or Violence Risk Assessments – Specific evaluation utilized to determine level of risk, as well as safety planning.
- Assertiveness Training – Help to give those a voice that have difficulty with setting boundaries or in general speaking their mind.
- Cognitive Restructuring – Help to change faulty or negative ways of thinking which has been found as a major contributor to psychological distress such as depression and anxiety.